The Bannock Transportation Planning Organization (BTPO) is a non-profit association created by local governments and serves as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Portneuf Valley. One of the primary functions of an MPO is to develop a long-range transportation plan for its planning area. Metropolitan Transportation Plan 2040 (MTP 2040) is being developed to map out the Portneuf Valley’s future.
The Long-Range Metropolitan Transportation Plan for the Portneuf Valley is ready for review! MTP 2040 is founded on these six key goals:
- Supporting a safe, active, healthy community
- Leveraging past investments to minimize public costs
- Reducing transportation impacts and costs through land use strategies
- Supporting local industry and regional economic development
- Protecting and enhancing the Portneuf Valley’s human and natural environments
Review the draft plan and let us know what you think!